Breastfeeding for the first six months of a child’s life has several benefits for both mothers and babies, including prevention of diseases, parental bonding and financial savings. Our lactation services prepare and guide you through this new life experience of caring for your child.
The CCCHD’s lactation services include:
- Breastfeeding classes for expectant mothers and their partners
- Pump rental station assisting mothers and babies during times of separation
- Lactation specialist assisting breastfeeding mothers with problems and/or concerns
- Home visits available as needed
For more information, please contact:
Clark County Combined Health District- WIC DIVISION
2685 E. High St.
Springfield, OH 45505
Telephone: (937) 325-0464
Fax: (937) 325-9548
Hours: Monday- Wednesday-Thursday- Friday 8:30-5:00pm
1st, 3rd and 5th Tuesday of every month: 10:30am-7:00pm
2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month: 8:30am-5:00pm
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
- National Institute of Health
- Dept. of Health and Human Services
- La Leche League
- Medela products and helpful information
- Breastfeeding Helpline: 1-800-994-9662
- Breastfeeding Atlas, published by the LactNews Press, Austin, Texas (also publishes a CD that allows educational use of their photographs).
- Breastfeeding: A Guide for the Medical Profession, by Lawrence and Lawrence Mosby.
- Breastfeeding: Conditions and Diseases, by Merewood and Phiipp. Pharmasoft Publishing.
- Breastfeeding Special Care Babies, by Sandra Lang. Published by Bailliere Tindall.
- Maternal and Infant Assessment for Breastfeeding and Human Lactation, by Cadwell et. al. Published by Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
- Medications and Mothers’ Milk, by Dr. Thomas W. Hale. Published by Pharmasoft Publishing.
- Continuity of Care in Breastfeeding, by Karin Cadwell & Cindy Turner-Maffei. Published by Jones and Bartlett Publishers.