Social Media Policy
Clark County Combined Health District (CCCHD) Social Media Policy
SOCIAL MEDIA DISCLAIMER AND GUIDELINES FOR VISITORS TO THIS ACCOUNT
Purpose: The purpose of this policy is to provide guidelines for the establishment and use of Clark County Combined Health District (CCCHD) social media sites to disseminate information to the public. CCCHD aims to protect the integrity of information posted on its social media channels and clarify the intended purpose of these platforms.
1. Primary Means of Communication: The health district’s official website at www.ccchd.com will remain the primary means of internet communication for CCCHD.
2. Establishment of Social Media Channels: The establishment of health district social media channels requires approval from the health commissioner or his/her designee. Approved channels shall bear the name and/or official logo of the Clark County Combined Health District.
3. Content Review and Administration: All content on health district social media channels shall be reviewed, approved, and administered by the health district’s communications coordinator during normal business hours.
4. Clear Attribution and Compliance: CCCHD social media channels shall clearly state that they are maintained by the health district and comply with the health district’s Public Use of Social Media policy.
5. Link to Official Website: CCCHD social media channels shall provide links back to the health district’s official website for forms, documents, online services, and other essential information.
6. Monitoring and Adherence: Content posted on health district social media channels will be monitored to ensure compliance with CCCHD’s Social Media policy and the health district’s interests and goals.
7. Open Meetings Act Compliance: Health district social media channels shall be managed in accordance with the Open Meetings Act. Members of the Clark County Board of Health shall not respond to or participate in any published postings to avoid potential conflicts.
8. Right to Terminate Channels: The health district reserves the right to terminate any health district social media channel at any time without notice.
9. Compliance with Site Provider Rules: Health district social media channels shall comply with usage rules and regulations required by the site provider, including privacy policies.
10. Display of Social Media Policy: The health district’s Public Use of Social Media policy shall be displayed to users or made available through a hyperlink.
11. Public Records Act: Health district social media channels are subject to the Ohio Public Records Act. Any content related to health district business may be considered a public record and subject to public disclosure.
12. Professional Conduct: Employees representing CCCHD on social media channels shall conduct themselves as professional representatives of CCCHD and adhere to all health district policies.
13. Authorized Contact Information: Health district social media channels shall utilize authorized CCCHD contact information for account setup, monitoring, and access. The use of personal email accounts or phone numbers is not allowed for these purposes.
14. Endorsement Disclaimer: Health district social media sites may contain content, including advertisements or hyperlinks, over which the health district has no control. CCCHD does not endorse any hyperlink or advertisement placed on its social media channels by site owners, vendors, or partners.
15. Policy Amendments: The health district reserves the right to change, modify, or amend all or part of this policy at any time following the Operational and Personnel Policies.
By accessing and using CCCHD social media channels, visitors agree to comply with these guidelines and the health district’s Public Use of Social Media policy. CCCHD aims to create an informative and respectful online environment for all users. Any violation of these guidelines may result in the removal of content and potential restrictions on access to CCCHD social media channels.